Re: Permanently remove services

On Do, 18.01.24 19:43, Morten Bo Johansen (mortenbo@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On 2024-01-18 Andy Pieters wrote:
>
> > Not being funny, but why care? They have got a conditional check in them
> > and will only run when it makes sense.
> > So these units will do nothing and won't delay your boot or take up
> > resources
>
> They are turning up as failed units, so they are being run,
> even if I don't have any TPM module. Also, I have a notifier in
> my waybar telling me of failed services and I don't want to see
> them there.

Can you provide logs about this? The goal is definitely to make these
NOPs on TPM-less systems. I am a bit puzzled that the conditioning
they come with is not sufficient. We might need to tweak something
there then.

The idea is that the system does TPM setup on systems that have a tpm
and on systems lacking that silently just skips all these so that
everything always works fully automatically and robustly without any
ugly error output.

hence, any chance you can provide logs about this? and what kind of
system is this? i.e. does it really lack a tpm?

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin