Re: [RFC] initoverlayfs - a scalable initial filesystem

Yes, your understanding is correct. I'm off at the moment, we will try and open a PR sometime to explain it better.

By the way I'd also happily review your PR also if you think you could explain it better.

At the moment it's a loopback mounted file from /boot, mounted as an erofs with transient overlay on top, there's a corresponding initoverlayfs file for each initramfs file basically.

But it could be configurable in future to load a raw erofs partition if somebody wanted to do that.

Gonna try and do some of the storage-init things as systemd service scripts soon.