systemd-resolve and name servers order

If it's not - feel free to point me to a different place.

I use azure ubuntu 20.04 build with nameservers obtained by DHCP (there are three custom nameservers assigned to Azure private Vnet and they are owned by my company). These three nameservers are not equal. So the first server provides different answers than the second and the third server. I don't know if there is any specification (such as RFC) that says resolver should follow name servers order or not. I guess there is not since systemd-resolve seems to use any random DNS server from the list. In the traditional /etc/resolv.conf without systemd-resolve order I think was followed. With systemd-resolve it's not. So in case of using three name servers obtained by DHCP where these DNS servers are not equal I receive sub-optimal responses. My guess is this whole design (with assumption that the first server on the list will be preferred) is not quite right. Anyway my question is - is there a way to instruct systemd-resolve to follow the order of name servers on the list (so treat them as primary, secondary, tertiary with a preference order and always prefer DNS server that is higher on the list if only it is available)?