Re: timing issue in mounting systemd filesystems

Hi Lennart,

thank you for your help.  I found the issue, it is a mismatch between
the compiler or libc used for the kernel and the systemd/mount
executables.
Difference not declared, I managed by accident to find the right cross-compiler.

On Wed, Jul 5, 2023 at 10:57 AM Lennart Poettering
<lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mi, 05.07.23 07:59, Giacinto Cifelli (gciofono@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > I have then increased the log level to debug in the kernel cmdline to
> > have more info:
> >   systemd.log_level=debug systemd.log_target=console
> >
> > and with these settings it boots normally (although much slower).
>
> output to console is generally much slower. maybe use kmsg instead, or
> don't do debug level stuff for now,  boot into single user mode only.
>
> It's usually a good idea to start with saying which systemd version it
> is btw, and which distro.

it is an out-of-tree debian 11, for VisionFive2, a 4-core riscv (with
isa rv64imafdc).
It uses:

systemd 252 (252.4-1)
+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +APPARMOR +IMA +SMACK +SECCOMP +GCRYPT -GNUTLS
+OPENSSL +ACL +BLKID +CURL +ELFUTILS +FIDO2 +IDN2 -IDN +IPTC +KMOD
+LIBCRYPTSETUP +LIBFDISK +PCRE2 -PWQUALITY +P11KIT +QRENCODE +TPM2
+BZIP2 +LZ4 +XZ +ZLIB +ZSTD -BPF_FRAMEWORK -XKBCOMMON +UTMP +SYSVINIT
default-hierarchy=unified

> Also:
>
> https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Debugging/#diagnosingbootproblems
>
> Lennart