Re: Extend systemd-resolved service to override DNS response

On Wed, Feb 15, 2023, at 05:31, Aditya Sharma wrote:
We were thinking of an approach where we keep on serving the last known good FQDNs even after the TTL has expired (only when we are unable to communicate with the resolvers). For that, we need to intercept the DNS calls and maintain some kind of local cache. So, wanted to understand how we can extend systemd-resolved service to serve the purpose.

systemd-resolved already has a cache, so the only thing you'd need to add is the ability to control whether records expire from the cache or continue to be served.