Extend systemd-resolved service to override DNS response

Hi All,

We needed help in understanding how systemd-resolved service can be extended to cache DNS responses to protect against DNS server failures.
We were planning to maintain a cache so that we can override negative responses from the DNS server and replace it with our cached last known good record.

Need guidance in how we can proceed with this.

Thanks
Aditya Sharma