Re: Ordering issues

Sender notified by
Mailtrack
01/05/23, 09:34:36 PM

On Thu, Jan 5, 2023 at 1:42 AM Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Restarted the machine and all good. So the next thing I tried was for
> keepalived . It started up and failed with not being able to see its config
> file (Moved to gluster).

It checks for /etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf file. If you moved this
file somewhere else, you presumably need to adjust path to this file in
unit definition as well.

File is in the same location, just /etc/keepalived is a link to /gfs/etc/keepalived .

> I changed -
>
> [Unit]
> Description=Keepalive Daemon (LVS and VRRP)
> After=network-online.target
> Wants=network-online.target
> # Only start if there is a configuration file
> ConditionFileNotEmpty=/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf

> [Unit]
> Description=Keepalive Daemon (LVS and VRRP)
> After=network-online.target glusterd.service
> Wants=network-online.target glusterd.service
> # Only start if there is a configuration file
> ConditionFileNotEmpty=/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf
>
> But it still isn't letting glusterd run before it.

What exactly does it mean? What is "it" that "isn't letting" and what is
"it" in "before it" and how you determine that the problem is due to the
wrong order?

keepalived appears to run before gluster has completed its mounts since I'm getting a message about the ConditionFileNotEmpty being empty.

>(And I did run
> `systemctl daemon-reload` after the change.

daemon-reload applies to units started after it. When you edited unit
definition your system was already booted so presumably this unit was
already activated.

Just covering all bases.

> How can I track down why this isn't happening in the order I expect?

What makes you think the problem is in ordering of units? Have you
checked journal? systemd logs when it begins and completes activation of
each unit.

I am not near the systems for the next few days due to a funeral, I don't remember now.

Thanks