Ordering issues

Hi,

I'm trying to do something with inconsistent results and wondered where I'm going wrong. I recently installed GLUSTERFS onto a set of 4 Raspberry PI's, but am having some boot sequencing issues.

It started trying to run rsyslogd. Apparently, it was getting started before the gluster mount was done. After a bit of looking, I added into [Unit] -

After=glusterd.service

Restarted the machine and all good. So the next thing I tried was for keepalived . It started up and failed with not being able to see its config file (Moved to gluster). I changed -

[Unit]
Description=Keepalive Daemon (LVS and VRRP)
After=network-online.target
Wants=network-online.target
# Only start if there is a configuration file
ConditionFileNotEmpty=/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf

[Unit]
Description=Keepalive Daemon (LVS and VRRP)
After=network-online.target glusterd.service
Wants=network-online.target glusterd.service
# Only start if there is a configuration file
ConditionFileNotEmpty=/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf

But it still isn't letting glusterd run before it. (And I did run `systemctl daemon-reload` after the change.

How can I track down why this isn't happening in the order I expect?

Thanks, Tuc

Sender notified by
Mailtrack
01/04/23, 01:18:13 PM