Re: Antw: Re: Re: [EXT] Re: Q: Querying units for "what provides" a target

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 4:12 PM Ulrich Windl
<Ulrich.Windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the explanation! For me part of the problem is: Where is "pull in" defined? ;-)

In an English dictionary?

> The phrase is used for Wants, but also for Requires. So is "pull in " a synonym for "wants or requires"?

Yes. "Pull in some service" == "cause activation of some service".

> (IMHO the first part is an "action", while the last part is a "desire", hard to treat them as synonyms ;-))

And in this case you should forget about the English meaning of these
words (wants and requires) and treat them as opaque labels. As was
mentioned more than once on this list.

"Wants" means - submit additional start jobs for the listed units
"Requires" means - submit additional start jobs for the listed units
and wait until these start jobs are completed before processing the
start job for the unit itself.