Re: Antw: [EXT] Service activation

On 14/02/2022 08:27, Ulrich Windl wrote:
And once I've got all that sorted, I'm betting I'm going to have grief
getting it to work properly, so while it's not much to do with systemd,
is there any way I can get systemd to log all traffic back and forth so
I can debug it?

Maybe understandable documentation is where xinetd is still better tahn systemd;-)

I doubt it. Documentation is excellent at reminding you what you already knew. It's piss poor at getting a newbie started.

I've got an industrial project that was GPL'd, there's nobody really with a proper grasp of how it's written, and I'm trying to help get it into a state where we can make an official release.

I know bugger all about systemd, or xinetd, so I'm in that twisty maze of passages, are they all alike or different?

:-)

Cheers,
Wol