Re: "Correct" way to obtain DHCP lease info?

I'm still trying to get an explanation of why having a valid DHCP address is not in itself good enough. The only reason I've been able to see is that after the lease is issued, and before the time comes to refresh the lease, there could be a communication failure somewhere between the switch the DHCP client is on and the home office where the DHCP server is. One would assume that application failures would be a reasonable clue.... Regardless, it seems to me that it's not unreasonable for an application outside of systemd-networkd to be able to obtain the DHCP lease information. Am I off base here?

Bruce A. Johnson | Firmware Engineer
Blue Ridge Networks, Inc.
14120 Parke Long Court Suite 103 | Chantilly, VA 20151
Main: 1.800.722.1168 | Direct: 703-633-7332
http://www.blueridgenetworks.com
OpenPGP key ID: 296D1CD6F2B84CAB https://keys.openpgp.org/