Re: "Correct" way to obtain DHCP lease info?

Silvio, thanks for the suggestion. I'm not concerned with keeping the lease forever; the system actually experiences a topology change as it's switched from one network to another, and I can catch that from the DBus events that occur. The problem we're trying to solve is to contact some address that we're sure exists on the network, without knowing anything about that network. The default gateway was an obvious choice, but someone wants to cover the case of there being a private LAN with no gateway. The only other choice I could see is the DHCP server that issues the lease.

As my thinking has evolved, I really want to get at more DHCP lease information when it comes in, like a private DHCP option code that conveys something about the environment. I came across a comment somewhere that said the only way is to set the systemd-networkd client to use debug log level and read from the journal, but isn't there a more direct way, like with the Dbus signals that tell subscribers about network interface status?

Bruce A. Johnson | Firmware Engineer
Blue Ridge Networks, Inc.
14120 Parke Long Court Suite 103 | Chantilly, VA 20151
Main: 1.800.722.1168 | Direct: 703-633-7332
http://www.blueridgenetworks.com
OpenPGP key ID: 296D1CD6F2B84CAB https://keys.openpgp.org/