Re: Service fails to start with no log messages

On Di, 07.01.20 03:03, Reindl Harald (h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> >> Especially the "Wants" is problematic and noramlly not needed for
> >> enabled services, normally your only use After/NBefore unless there is a
> >> compelling resason for Wants/Requires and with growing useless
> >> dependencies you add to your units problems gow
> >>
> >> perfomance wise because you break parallel starts for no benefit and
> >> because of such unsolveable cycles if you obviously don't understand
> >> what you define becaus eotherwise you won't have After/Before/wants in
> >> combinations which are impossible
> >>
> >> and to your other post "5 seconds after all systems services have
> >> actually started" is something which simply don#t exist and can't exist
> >> at all
> >>
> >> fix your orderings and your problems are gone
> >
> > To fix my ordering problem I need Systemd to stop lying about when the
> > network is ready.
>
> it don't - you most likely did something wrong by the ordering afetr
> networking and you even don't tell how your networking is configured
> (network.service, networkmanager, systemd-networkd...)
>
> in other words: instead fix your network-ordering properly you touch
> other random stuff in weird ways and it's annyoing that one needs to ask
> for each and every bit given your initial posting was a completly joke
> with no single information and the whole topic "Service fails to start
> with no log messages" is wrong at all

Reindl, tone it down please. That's not helpful. "was completely joke"
is not nice. I mean, yes I think jeffreys mail could be more precise,
but that's not a reason to call something "a joke"...

Thank you for understanding,

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin