Re: Service fails to start with no log messages

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 8:34 PM Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 07.01.20 um 02:28 schrieb Jeffrey Walton:
> > I'm trying to determine my service fails to start. I copied the
> > service to the systemd unit directory, and then enabled and started
> > the service. Upon reboot the service is not started automatically.
> >
> > Here are the logs:
>
> Jan 06 20:25:33 raspberrypi systemd[1]: graphical.target: Job
> callboot-ui.service/start deleted to break ordering cycle starting
> with graphical.target/start
>
> you have some conflicting After/Before ordering which is impossible to
> solve automatically, it's that simple

Thanks.

But there is no ordering problem. callboot-ui.service is not related
to callboot-monitor.service. callboot-ui.service is a Qt program and
front-end to the LCD screen. callboot-monitor.service is a command
line program that waits for reads of the modem.

The only thing they have in common is they use the same database.

Jeff