Re: Service fails to start with no log messages

On Mo, 06.01.20 20:57, Jeffrey Walton (noloader@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > and to your other post "5 seconds after all systems services have
> > actually started" is something which simply don#t exist and can't exist
> > at all
> >
> > fix your orderings and your problems are gone
>
> To fix my ordering problem I need Systemd to stop lying about when the
> network is ready.

systemd has no clue when your network is "ready", since that might
mean many things. i.e. did you acquire a DHCP lease? did you just UP
the iface? Did you reach some server? in systemd we can't know this,
as in particular on clients and on servers "network ready" means very
different things.

If you use systemd-network-wait-online.service you can configure what
"up" means. It's not enabled by default, but you can do that with
"systemctl enable". It's not enabled by default since in the general
case we don't want the local boot to be delayed because of some
external condition.

If you use NetworkMAnager there's a similar service.

> I keep pushing it back because I can't get accurate information from Systemd.

I am sorry, what?

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin