Re: systemd startup

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 5:18 PM Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS) <Kevin.Boyce@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Good Morning list,

Does anyone know if there is a way to print out as much of the startup ordering of all systemd units including what happens in the initramfs before the pivot_root happens?

I just want to be able to grep the output for two units I am interested in to know that one is indeed starting before the other.  I’ve looked at the systemd-analyze plot but this is a large svg file that is hard to parse.  Systemctl list-dependencies comes close, but is missing the initramfs.

Initramfs and rootfs are two fully independent systemd environments, no matter which tool you use to inspect them. You can use `systemctl list-dependencies` from within the initramfs as well, if you boot with the "rd.break" kernel option which will provide an interactive shell in the initramfs environment before pivot happens.

Note that `systemd-analyze plot` accepts --from-pattern and --to-pattern to limit the units that will be shown.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas