Timed out waiting for device dev-mmcblkp1.device

On 23/05/2018 13:50, Mantas MikulÄ?nas wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 2:37 PM Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using system 234 build by yocto for BeagleBoneBlack. I ave some strange
>> issue that systemd start timeout because cannot find dev node (which is
>> obviously non existing). Snippet:
>>
>> [ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device dev-mmcblkp1.device.
>>                                                [DEPEND] Dependency failed
>> for
>> /boot.
>>                             [DEPEND] Dependency failed for Local File
>> Systems.
>>
>> Device /dev/mmcblkp1 (mounted to /boot) was added to fstab (no idea which
>> component did that). When removed from fstab boot works as expected.
>
> That's normal then. If a device is in fstab, systemd will try to mount it,
> because that's what fstab does. (I assume the name was supposed to be
> "mmcblk0p1" instead?)
Are you using a yocto-generated image by any chance ? there is a bug in
yocto that does that for some MACHINE (I'm not sure which one)
I can't remember what the problem was, off the top of my head, but it's
a yocto-side problem...

if you change the line to mmcblk0p1, does everything works as expected ?

Cheers
Jérémy

> fstab has the "*nofail*" flag to mark the entry as not-required (with it
> set, systemd will just wait "in background" instead of failing),
> "noauto" to disable auto-mounting completely, and "x-systemd.automount" to
> delay mounting until first access.

SMILE <http://www.smile.eu/>

20 rue des Jardins
92600 Asnières-sur-Seine

*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique
Responsable de l'expertise Smile-ECS

email jeremy.rosen at smile.fr <mailto:jeremy.rosen at smile.fr>
phone +33141402967
url http://www.smile.eu

Twitter <https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> Github
<https://github.com/Smile-SA>

Découvrez lâ??univers Smile, rendez-vous sur smile.eu
<http://smile.eu/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>

eco Pour la planète, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire