Timed out waiting for device dev-mmcblkp1.device

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 2:55 PM Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 1:50 PM Mantas MikulÄ?nas <grawity at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 2:37 PM Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> Hello,
>
> >> I'm using system 234 build by yocto for BeagleBoneBlack. I ave some
> strange
> >> issue that systemd start timeout because cannot find dev node (which is
> >> obviously non existing). Snippet:
>
> >> [ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device dev-mmcblkp1.device.
> >>                                                [DEPEND] Dependency
> failed
> for
> >> /boot.
> >>                             [DEPEND] Dependency failed for Local File
> >> Systems.
>
> >> Device /dev/mmcblkp1 (mounted to /boot) was added to fstab (no idea
> which
> >> component did that). When removed from fstab boot works as expected.
>

> > That's normal then. If a device is in fstab, systemd will try to mount
> it, because that's what fstab does. (I assume the name was supposed to be
> "mmcblk0p1" instead?)
> When check fstab in build rootfs there is no such file with such device. It
> must be added runtime and I suspect it was added by systemd.

systemd does not alter /etc/fstab, so I suspect it was added by your build.

systemd's native mechanism is *.mount units, and by default mount
configuration is imported *from* fstab *to* systemd format, but not the
other way around.

--
Mantas MikulÄ?nas