Re: Kernel 6.8.4 regression: aacraid controller not initialized any more, system boot hangs

Peter,

> Did you have any chance to look into this in more depth? Do you need
> more information from me to tackle this issue? I'm not a kernel
> developer, just a user, but I guess with proper instruction I would be
> able to compile and test patches.

I am afraid I haven't had a time to look further into this yet due to
travel. The annual LSF/MM/BPF conference is taking place this week. I
will get back to you as soon as possible.

Before I make any recommendations wrt. firmware updates I would like to
understand why a change intended to make scanning more resilient against
device implementation errors has had the opposite effect. Especially
since the change in question reverts to how Linux has scanned for
devices for decades.