Re: Kernel 6.8.4 regression: aacraid controller not initialized any more, system boot hangs

Hi Martin,

meanwhile, some more people who face the same problem have been gathering in this thread in the Proxmox user forum:

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/pve-8-2-kernel-6-8-4-2-does-not-boot-cannot-find-root-device.145764/

Two of them also have an Adaptec controller, while another one has a PERC H310 Mini (LSI based).

Did you have any chance to look into this in more depth? Do you need more information from me to tackle this issue? I'm not a kernel developer, just a user, but I guess with proper instruction I would be able to compile and test patches.

Beste Grüße,
Peter Schneider

--
Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge,
enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world,

Download: https://www.peters-netzplatz.de/download/pschneider1968_pub.asc
https://keys.mailvelope.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=pschneider1968@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://keys.mailvelope.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=pschneider1968@xxxxxxxxx