Re: commits for stable 2024-05-11

On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 09:13:25PM -0400, Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:
> Please find attached a report generated by keyword matching commits
> from upstream that may be suitable for stable and probably as CVEs as
> well.

This is great, thanks for looking into this and sending this out!

> I exclude commits that are already tagged with CC stable in upstream
> and also commits already in
> stable/linux-rolling-stable.

I took a very short look, and just picked one commit at random on the
bottom of the list:
	cf2df0080bd59cb97a15

And it's included in 6.8.2 already, as commit 9c68e3497b61 ("wifi:
ath11k: fix a possible dead lock caused by ab->base_lock").

So is your tooling working?

Also, give us a chance to catch up on commits that are in Linus's tree,
but not in a -rc release, which you list a few at the top of the list.
We aren't allowed to apply them until after they hit a -rc release.

thanks,

greg k-h