Re: Possible regression with kernel 6.1.0 freezing (6.0.14 is fine) on haswell laptop (issue identified and patch already available)

On 27.12.22 16:21, Sergio Callegari wrote:

> On 27/12/2022 16:12, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 27.12.22 15:46, Sergio Callegari wrote:
>>> My issue was
>> Likely not important, but FWIW: I assume you meant "will be" here, as
>> unless I'm missing something that patch is not even in mainline (and not
>> even marked explicitly for backporting to 6.1.y; sigh :-/)
>>
>>> the one described in
>>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/patch/20221217085624.52077-1-nbd@xxxxxxxx/
>> Thx for letting us know. Ideally you want to rely to that mail (see
>> https://lore.kernel.org/all/20221217085624.52077-1-nbd@xxxxxxxx/
>> ) to let the developer know that their patch fixes your problem.
>>
>> Ciao, Thorsten
>>
>> #regzbot fix: wifi: mac80211: fix initialization of rx->link and
>> rx->link_sta
>
> It was actually the arch developers suggesting that patch. I have
> already informed them that the patch fixes the freeze. Will ask them to
> report the finding to the patch developer.

Great.

> Will this be enough for the
> patch (or an improved version thereof) be considered for mainline and
> 6.1.2?

The fix has to be reviewed and merged to mainline first. That will take
a few days -- or more given the time of the year. That aspect makes it
even harder that usual to predict how long it will take exactly; but I'd
say 6.1.2 is pretty unlikely at this point.

Ciao, Thorsten