Re: Possible regression with kernel 6.1.0 freezing (6.0.14 is fine) on haswell laptop

Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker.

On 23.12.22 20:51, Sergio Callegari wrote:
> On 23/12/2022 15:25, Greg KH wrote:
>
>> Reported to the distro, but seems serious enough to report here too.

Out of curiosity: where?

>> Can you use 'git bisect' to find the offending commit?
>
> Must learn a bit more about the distro I am using and what it requires
> for a custom kernel but I may try.

I'm writing a document I plan to submit for inclusion that might be of
help for you:

http://www.leemhuis.info/files/misc/How%20to%20quickly%20build%20a%20Linux%20kernel%20%e2%80%94%20The%20Linux%20Kernel%20documentation.html

It doesn't cover bisection, I left that for later (and maybe separate
document), as I want this one reviewed and merged first.

Ciao, Thorsten