Re: Stable list vs versioning

On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 06:54:43PM -0700, Thomas Hellstrom wrote:
> Hi, Stable!
>
> As you might be aware of, some companies that maintain linux kernel
> drivers have the habit of assigning each driver change a new version
> number.

And, as you have found out, that's a horrible thing to do for Linux and
doesn't work at all :)

Just because it works for other slower-moving operating systems, I
wouldn't recommend doing it for Linux.

Is there any specific driver out there that we don't have merged into
the kernel tree that could be helped from doing this type of thing?

thanks,

greg k-h