Re: i915 drm patches in LTS 4.4.x ?

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:48:34AM +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-07-20 at 10:58 +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> > > hehe, not your mbox :) You had 5 pending i915 drm patches in your queue you said earlier.
> > > Please push these to https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git/log/
> > > especially the 4.4 branch :)
> >
> > It seems to me you don't realize that there is a substantial difference
> > between seeing patches in one's mailbox and applying them to a tree
> > fixing the conflicts to then be able to add them to a queue. For the
> > same reason I can say I have a few patches pending for 3.10 but they're
> > not in a queue yet and will only be once I process them.
>

> I do but I can be a bit too direct and I am a lousy typewriter ...
> Let me rephrase a bit:
> Please consider moving those 5 i915 drm patches to the top of the queue
> as at least one of them fixes a long standing regression which prevents our
> Broadwell laptop users to move to 4.4

That last patch doesn't even apply, so I can't merge it now, a backport
would be appreciated.

Also, picking which ones go on the top of the queue is hard, I usually
have to take them all in order so that they apply correctly, but I've
now caught up on all drm patches, so if there is anything missing that
you see, please let me know.

thanks,

greg k-h