Re: i915 drm patches in LTS 4.4.x ?

On Wed, 2016-07-20 at 10:58 +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 08:49:36AM +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> > > I don't know what you mean by that, I'm not going to push my stable mbox
> > > up publicly, sorry :)
> >
> > hehe, not your mbox :) You had 5 pending i915 drm patches in your queue you said earlier.
> > Please push these to https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git/log/
> > especially the 4.4 branch :)
>
> It seems to me you don't realize that there is a substantial difference
> between seeing patches in one's mailbox and applying them to a tree
> fixing the conflicts to then be able to add them to a queue. For the
> same reason I can say I have a few patches pending for 3.10 but they're
> not in a queue yet and will only be once I process them.

I do but I can be a bit too direct and I am a lousy typewriter ...
Let me rephrase a bit:
Please consider moving those 5 i915 drm patches to the top of the queue
as at least one of them fixes a long standing regression which prevents our
Broadwell laptop users to move to 4.4

 Jocke --
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe stable" in