Re: Patch "ARM: 7755/1: handle user space mapped pages in flush_kernel_dcache_page" has been added to the 3.9-stable tree

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 09:13:57AM +0200, Simon Baatz wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 01:56:25PM -0700, gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
> >
> >     ARM: 7755/1: handle user space mapped pages in flush_kernel_dcache_page
> >
> > to the 3.9-stable tree which can be found at:
> >     http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
> >
> > The filename of the patch is:
> >      arm-7755-1-handle-user-space-mapped-pages-in-flush_kernel_dcache_page.patch
> > and it can be found in the queue-3.9 subdirectory.
> >
> > If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
> > please let <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> know about it.
> >

> This patch breaks building certain ARM configs (noMMU). A followup
> patch is needed to fix this.

Where is that patch?  Is it in Linus's tree yet?

> I suggest not to queue this patch for any stable tree for the time
> being.  I have already tagged the proposed followup patch to
> cherry-pick this patch so that they can be queued together once the
> followup is upstream.
>
> Please let me know if you want to handle this differently (squash the
> patches together and sent a dedicated patch to stable).

No, I prefer to take the "original" patches.

> Btw. the patch was tagged for 3.2+, it does not compile on 3.0.x and I
> will provide a separate backport for 3.0.x anyway.

Oops, sorry, I've deleted this from 3.0.

And deleted it from all of the stable trees now, please let me know when
it should be added back in.

thanks,

greg k-h