Re: Weird SSH issue.

On FreeBSD 7.x (and earlier), I'd see this if the number of groups "user" was in exceeded NGROUPS.  FreeBSD 8.x changed this (NGROUPS increased, among other things.)

On an internal distro (based on LFS) of Linux, I'd see this if the user's shell wasn't valid.

Also, "user (uid=0)" is special to SSH... but that shouldn't be a surprise.

--- Richard