Re: x forwarding over SSH

I notice that on Windows, Firefox lingers for a few moments after the
window is closed, presumably for garbage collection until the process
finally dies off.

Perhaps this is what's happening with you? Does it happen with other
applications, or just with Firefox?

--
" ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech
censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied,