Re: need an efficient and secure sshd_config

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 8:55 AM, J. Bakshi<bakshi12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:00:52 +0200
> matteo filippetto <matteo.filippetto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your response but I have not found yet what I'm looking for.
> I need the configuration which actually suppress the hostname and the
> domain/IP on client side. client will only be prompted for password.
> The second thing the sshd should allow the client to be connected even
> half an hour with out executing any command. Any such configuration
> in openssh ?

The idle logout, isn't sshd.  It is the shell.  Look into the "autologout"
environment veriable for bash.

As for the client password prompt, that is not controllable from the
server side, without dropping everything and going for
"keyboard interactive" authentication.  For that, you will have to
code your own authentication method.

--
And, did Galoka think the Ulus were too ugly to save?
                                         -Centauri