Re: need an efficient and secure sshd_config

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:00:52 +0200
matteo filippetto <matteo.filippetto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2009/7/12 J. Bakshi <bakshi12@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > I am running openssh-server __1:5.1p1-5+b1 on a remote debian box.
> > There are a no. of online docs on sshd configuration. I am afraid to
> > say that even reading a no. of such tutorial I am still confused. I
> > am looking for a sshd_config file which is both strict about
> > security as well as efficient to control its client. Like it should
> > force the client to have compression, it should survive with poor
> > internet, and other good features which can make it a good ssh
> > server.
> >
> > Could any one please suggest such sshd_config ?
> >
> > Here is mine
> >
> > ```````````````
> > Port 47015
> > Protocol 2
> > PermitRootLogin no
> > PasswordAuthentication no
> > UsePAM yes
> > X11Forwarding no
> >
> > thanks
> >

> Hi,
>
> maybe you can read this discussion
>
> http://www.governmentsecurity.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=6051
>
> and for sure take a lokk to the official documentation
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=sshd_config&sektion=5
>
> Bye

Thanks for your response but I have not found yet what I'm looking for. I need the configuration which actually suppress the hostname and the domain/IP on client side. client will only be prompted for password. The second thing the sshd should allow the client to be connected even half an hour with out executing any command. Any such configuration in openssh ?

Thanks