Re: Max connections per client?

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 08:45 -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I thought I saw a patch or feature for an sshd for blocking max
> connections per client, max failed authentication attempts per client,
> and/or max authentication attempts per client . Does anyone know about
> that?
>
> Or do any less popular open source SSH servers provide that? (Keep counter
> of connections, attempts, failures per client?)

There are a number of perl scripts and what not that will tail your
secure.log and record failed logins and other connection information.

A number of them will also use iptables to block attacking IP's, which
is most useful. :]

You could always hack up a perl script to record that information for
you, I haven't heard or see of any readily available solution floating
around....

HTH
~k