RE: Deliberately create slow SSH response?

Bryan,

Were I in your shoes - which I by the way basically am - I would
seriously consider denyhost, to which a link was given on the list.

Denyhosts works a treat for us in blocking new and blacklisting known
brute-force kiddies. Throw in portsentry for good measure, and the
little SOB's are denied the pleasure of scanning your system in order to
find another way to annoy you.

IMHO this combo works way better than the tarpit approach, since some of
these kids - and most are kids - just let their computer do the work,
while they are at school or out seducing members of the opposite sex...

Bjarne