SSH VPN trouble

Hi List,

I'm trying to build an SSH VPN based on the
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH_VPN Ubuntu howto, but can't get
it done.

After setting up the VPN and trying to connect to the remote host
which is now on my virtual network I realize that I actually connect
to localhost.

This may be because the remote network and the local network are both
192.168.1.0/8.  Do the network adresses of the networks in question
need to differ?

Thanks in advance!

--
Laci <http://monda.hu>