Re: Pattern specification trouble

On another note; for the Host declaration in .ssh/config you would need to check `man ssh_config`.
The Host declaration in the config file is not for key authentication and host checking, it's a sort of profile for that specific host where you would indicate the port of your remote server, FQDN, user to be used (if different from your actual UNIX user) and other "client profile" for your ssh initiated connection.
Whereas the host="host.domain.com" in the authorized_keys file is for incoming ssh connections.

ssh_config, ~/.ssh/config and private keys are for the ssh client configuration.
sshd_config, /.ssh/authorized_keys/public keys, .shosts and .shosts.equiv are for the sshd daemon/server (or incoming connections).

Hope this makes it clearer for you.