Re: not be logged out when I am forced to change password

I believe the issue/feature's also present in Sun's own SSH distribution.

I know exactly what you mean & it gets annoying the more times you see
it happen. I've never been able to find out as to why this happens,
seems there is no (even remote) parameter for setting anything that'd
affect this behaviour (perhaps something compiled in directly OR a
side side-effect of something else).

One thing to try is enabling sshd_conf's UseLogin & see if that helps
because I believe telnet uses login when you connect

--