not be logged out when I am forced to change password

Me and my colleagues manage near 250 solaris 8&9 servers with openSSH
(different versions) and we would like that after we (and our users)
are forced to change password (due to normal expiration) we would not
be logged out but session remains up and logged in (in some of our
systems this happens).

which is the parameter to set and in which file?

thank you