Re: Need help with Squirrelmail 1.4.23-SVN on Centos 8

On Fri, November 19, 2021 3:08 am, Jay Hart wrote:
> Fixed the attachment directory write issue by setting setenforce to '0'.

Not a good long-term solution.  You can watch the audit log and use ls -Z
to view file/directory contexts.  Use tools like audit2allow to help you
figure out what policies you may need to change, but it's probably just a
matter of setting directory context correctly.  There are lots of helpful
tutorials for that online, and once you look into it, it's not (much)
harder than fixing the permissions you already did.

> Then I got held up on the IMAP server (dovecot) and had to set 'Secure
> IMAP (TLS)' setting to 'disabled'.

If it's on the same machine, and you're connecting on port 143, then that
is correct, you don't want TLS.  You only need that for over-network
connections to log in, usually on port 993.

> Does these sound ok?  Or, do I have another issue??
>
> Great news is I just logged into my new Squirrelmail setup!!!

Good job
--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team