Re: I keep getting logged out of webmail

On Mon, May 10, 2021 12:28, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> Somewhere the reply-to address for the list got butchered.  Latest reply
> from me:
>
> On Mon, May 10, 2021 3:09 pm, James B. Byrne wrote:
>>> What version of SM are you using?
>>
>> SquirrelMail version 1.4.23 [SVN]
>>
>>> When was the date of the last time you installed it?
>>
>> pkg info squirrelmail-php73
>> squirrelmail-php73-20190904
>> Name           : squirrelmail-php73
>> Version        : 20190904
>> Installed on   : Sat Mar 21 20:16:30 2020 EDT
>> Origin         : mail/squirrelmail
>> Architecture   : FreeBSD:12:*
>>
>>> Can you please update it?
>>
>> Not until and unless the FreeBSD port package is updated.
>
> You can download a nightly tarball from our downloads page and install it
> in a parallel directory to see if it works any differently.
>
>>> When you are properly logged in, are the cookies shown to have the
>>> HttpOnly and Secure attributes enabled?
>>
>> A screenshot of the FF storage inspector is attached.
>
> Ok, the cookies look secure when you are logged in.  FYI I have a better
> version of Quicksave that doesn't have such message size limitations as
> when storing its data in cookies.
>
> You keep ignoring my suggestion to look at $check_mail_mechanism.  Is the
> left/folder frame where the "must be logged in" message appears?
> Right-click in that frame, hit H then R to cause that frame only to reload
> and see if you are in fact logged out.  If you're not, changing this
> setting may help.

I am not ignoring you.  I have a lot of more serious things that require my
attention.  SM's changed behaviour is an occasional annoyance, not a problem.

I reported it so that you would be aware of this behaviour  and possibly
correlate it with other reports, if any.  When I get a few spare moments then I
will take a look at the things you suggest.  However, I am constrained to use
whatever version of SM the FreeBSD port maintainer chooses to release
regardless if a fix is found or not.

In any case, I deeply suspect that culpability lies with FF and not SM.

   Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Canada  L8E 3C3

-----
squirrelmail-users mailing list