From: Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: July 28, 2020 1:51 AM
To: Squirrelmail User Support Mailing List <squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Modified Config_default.php | Can No Longer Send Mail

On Tue, July 28, 2020 5:04 am, Orca Inbox wrote:
> Problem: I edited /usr/share/squirrelmail/config/config_defaul.php for
> some esthetic changes when I should have edited
> /usr/share/squirrelmail/config/conf.pl.  Now I can no longer send mail, I
> can receive mail.  SquirrelMail was working fine before I made these
> changes<http://jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%20and%20jesse@macdougall.ninja%20can%20recieve%20mail%20in%20squirrelmail%20but%20can%20not%20send%20it.>.
> I reversed my changes but that didn't fix it.  I can no longer send mail.
> I can receive it though.  Here are the changes I
> made<http://%20https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10kWHDskwnFw2cdmDyE1mppDTN3fLnixuWN6M1l06ZBc/edit?usp=sharing>
>

> config_default.php clearly states to not edit the file and to edit conf.pl

No, the configuration file you want is config.php, which is automatically
generated if you *run* conf.pl

> | This is my fault. I apologize for wasting anyone's
> time.<http://conf.pl/>
>
> jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and jesse@macdougall.ninja can receive mail in
> SquirrelMail but can not send it.

What you need to do is look in your logs and show the error that is
preventing this.  That's the only way to hone in quickly on your problem,
especially when asking from help from other people.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team

-----