Re: How can I be sure if the Accessibility Preferences in Squirrel mail is activated and do you still develop on this project

> After I downloaded an SVN-version from xxx, my problem is fixed. If I run
> the configuration test now, I see the following information:
>
> Squirrel Mail version: 1.5.2 [SVN)

Note that there are two SVN versions, 1.4.23 and 1.5.2.  1.4.23 will
have more working plugins available, 1.5.2 has some performance
advantages, though some of those have been back-ported.

> 1. When I log in to Squirrel mail with one of my e-mail-addresses, I can go
> to Options>Accessibility Preferences.
>
> How can I be sure if all the Accessibility Preferences is enabled?

They should be enabled by default if I recall correctly.  These are
implemented by the use of HTML accesskey attributes on various elements.
 In Firefox, for instance, the key must be pressed with the Shift and
Alt modifier keys.

> When I take a look on the configuration site, I can see some combo boxes -
> but in the combo boxes, I only can see some letters, e.g. "a", "d" etc.

To the left of each drop-down box containing those letters should be
descriptions for what the letter will be a shortcut to.  Those
descriptions do have label tags on them that point to each drop-down, so
it would be my hope that a screen reader would pick up on that and
present them accordingly.

> I am blind, and using Squirrel mail with a screen reader, so therefore I
> will be glad if you please can answer the question.

I'd be pleased to help make any changes you feel may help make it more
usable for you.  I was unhappy with the keyboard modifier keys that were
needed for using accesskey and for version 1.4.23 I developed a plugin
(not released yet) that foregoes accesskey in favor of shortcuts
implemented in JavaScript.  I presume that's not as desirable for a
screen reader, but maybe a modern screen reader doesn't care, perhaps if
assisted by better labeling?

> 2. Do you still develop on the Squirrel mail project, if yes, do you so have
> a plan for an upcoming release?

Yes and sort of.

--
Paul Lesniewski