Re: Mail_fetch & gmail

Please stop top-posting.

> 2. Some webmail services offer the feature to check other email account we
> may have. For example, Hotmail may check our IMAP account in YahooMail using
> either our IMAP or POP configuration (the same we would use for Thunderbird
> or other programs). Basically, the service is moving or copying the messages
> so we just check one place - his place. Not misterious, but the client has
> much more flexibility with this feature than Thunderbird (or others). But it
> exists, people may prefer it.

Also try fetchmail package

> 2.1. Squirrelmail does not have this feature (maybe through some plugin, but
> I don't know it).

Of course it does, in that it's a server-side feature and there are
many plugins that support managing such features in SquirrelMail.
Also see the mail_fetch plugin.

> It can be achieved indirectly by setting up our secondary
> email service (in the example above, it's YahooMail) to redirect all
> messages to another email address. The side effect may be either: the server
> will also keep a copy of all redirect messages on our account; redirect
> messages, but keep no copy of them, ever, so they will only be permanent
> kept in the redirected to destination (and if we do so there). This
> redirection is not something "just for Squirrelmail". Changing
> account/address is one common example where such redirection is a desired
> feature: we don't lose messages from people who has only the "old" address.
>
> 3. I see no problem using several tabs or windows to open a few different
> email account. Right now I have 3 of them running Squirrelmail, for
> completely different accounts and servers.

Any cookie-based webmail system can only work like this if all
accounts are on different domains.

> Configuring Squirremail to use IMAP

For Gmail, there is a server type prefix in SquirrelMail.  For
checking multiple IMAP accounts from the same SquirrelMail login
session/account, you need customizations.  I have a proprietary plugin
that can do this (offlist inquiries please).

>> Hi André
>> My customer ( email account user) want keep in a single GUI all accounts
>> email
>> of 3 different providers.
>> Provider 1 ( Me ), 1 email of customer webpage domain.
>> Provider 2 ( ISP), 3 emails provided by ISP. Only pop3 allowed
>> Provider 3 ( gmail), 2 emails provided by gmail.
>> Of this i dont know if gmail allow imap, and i dont know how configure
>> squirrelmail to use imap.
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Christian
>>
>> El Dom 27 Sep 2015, André Z. D. A. escribió:
>>
>>> I am just curious with one detail. Why do you use POP instead of IMAP?

>> --
>> En un mundo sin fronteras.... ¿Quién necesita Puertas y Ventanas?
>> EN INGLES: In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows
>> http://www.schdev.com.ar
>> http://gnc2.schdev.com.ar

Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team