Re: Why have an user mailing list?

On Thu, 2015-09-17 at 18:25 -0300, André Z. D. A. wrote:

> > On Thu, 2015-09-17 at 06:32 -0300, André Z. D. A. wrote:

...snipped for brevity...

> > That's not a valid FETCH command that Squirrelmail is sending. It's not
> > including the sequence set (which messages to fetch those data items
> > for).
>
> Really!? That's a surprise I would never think about.

Yes, it should be something like:

FETCH 1:* (FLAGS UID RFC822.SIZE INTERNALDATE...

> > I assume that either your Domino server responded to a prior command
> > (LIST probably) with something that Squirrelmail wasn't expecting or
> > couldn't parse, or maybe there's just a very odd bug in Squirrelmail.
>
> I can make most tests within my server (with Squirrelmail in). I just cannot make tests that are either expeting to log the servers (IMAP or SMTP) internally, because they are external and inaccessible directly by me or by the other Squirrelmail users. I can't imagine what a test could be, from SM. I can make a setup where I can alter squirrel source code to log each commands it sends. Would it be useful? And what should I look for, to log? And what information can be needed (I don't know protocol details, so I would need a help with this kind of things).

If you don't have access to the server, you could set up the
SquirrelMail imapproxy and use that to get protocol logs.  Or if it's a
test server you should be able to stick some debugging code into the
SquirrelMail source and figure out what's going on.

I think the above FETCH happens in the sqimap_get_small_header_list()
function in functions/imap_messages.php.  Figure out what the passed
value of $msg_list is and why $msgs_str ends up being a null string.

hth,

Dave