Re: Why have an user mailing list?

> On Thu, 2015-09-17 at 06:32 -0300, André Z. D. A. wrote:
>
>> Why having a user mailing list if no one answer questions that are natural to be asked, have no answer or documentation about them, and probably show common problems to many users?
>>
>>> Third try. Anyone around here can give me a bit of help, please?

> That's not a valid FETCH command that Squirrelmail is sending. It's not
> including the sequence set (which messages to fetch those data items
> for).

Really!? That's a surprise I would never think about.

> I assume that either your Domino server responded to a prior command
> (LIST probably) with something that Squirrelmail wasn't expecting or
> couldn't parse, or maybe there's just a very odd bug in Squirrelmail.

I can make most tests within my server (with Squirrelmail in). I just cannot make tests that are either expeting to log the servers (IMAP or SMTP) internally, because they are external and inaccessible directly by me or by the other Squirrelmail users. I can't imagine what a test could be, from SM. I can make a setup where I can alter squirrel source code to log each commands it sends. Would it be useful? And what should I look for, to log? And what information can be needed (I don't know protocol details, so I would need a help with this kind of things).

> Is there any way to enable protocol logging on your Domino server so you
> can see every command that's sent by Squirrelmail and every response
> that Domino sends back?

No. I cannot access the Domino server. As I said above, it's external. The setup to use this server was the last one I have made. Although I have other issues with other server too, I can search messages with them. For example, with Yahoo's IMAP server (imap.mail.yahoo.com) I can search, I did it now. The setup I have made to use this Domino server was initially a copy from Yahoo's setup; after copying I just changed some obviously needed details (like server configuration, and nothing more I can remember, if anything else).

If I patch every server action in Squirrel's functions, would it give useful information for you? With some help to what information is needed, or any needed details, I imagine this feasible without taking too much time.