SVN:1.4.23: Folders Lost after Upgrade Debian Squeeze to Wheezy

Problem:
OK we just did an upgrade from Debian Squeeze to Debian Wheezy. The "new"
version is 1.4.23.  So far this has effected  only one mailbox (fingers
crossed)

We are running using Dovecot 2.1.7 and using Maildir via .procmail

One of our customers had her INBOX, Trash and Sent folder's disappear from
the folder list on the left

We found the INBOX as unsubscribed and got it back by subscribing it.
However, we could not get Trash or Sent back that way.
The person's configuration changed to Options->folders preferences: Trash
Folder: Do not use Trash.

We created a new folder(recycling) and designated it the Trash Folder.  It
initially showed up and deleted messages showed up there. However, when we
clicked on the 'Purge" function the messages were purged and SO WAS THE
FOLDER.  We found it next to the Trash folder in the Unsubscribed list but
like Trash we could not now subscribe to it nor designate it to be the
"Trash" folder.    We re using the mysql to store the user prefs .

OUR SETUP
Apache (in SSL mode) 2.2.22
Dovecot 2.1.7
IMAPProxy: 1.2.7
Mysql: 5.5.38-0+wheezy1
Php: mod_php 5.4.4
Linux cyber7 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Sat Jul 12 16:47:57 UTC 2014 x86_64
GNU/Linux aka Debian Wheezy. AMD-64

All were installed via Debian's package manager.

Here is the result configtest.php

SquirrelMail configtest

This script will try to check some aspects of your SquirrelMail
configuration and point you to errors whereever it can find them. You need
to go run conf.pl in the config/ directory first before you run this
script.

SquirrelMail version:	1.4.23 [SVN]
Config file version:	1.4.0
Config file last modified:	18 August 2014 14:00:58
Checking PHP configuration...
    PHP version 5.4.4-14+deb7u12 OK.
    Running as wwwsec(204) / wwwsec(204)
    display_errors:
    error_reporting: 22527
    variables_order OK: GPCS.
    PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is disabled.
Checking paths...
    Data dir OK.
    Attachment dir OK.
    Plugins OK.
    Themes OK.
    Default language OK.
    Base URL detected as: https://secure2.csz.com/csz.com/mail/src
(location base autodetected)
Checking outgoing mail service....
    SMTP server OK (220 cyber7.csz.com ESMTP Sendmail
8.14.4/8.14.4/Debian-4; Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:11:14 -0700; (No UCE/UBE)
logging access from: localhost(OK)-wwwsec@localhost [127.0.0.1])
Checking IMAP service....
    IMAP server ready (* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ LOGIN-REFERRALS
ID ENABLE XIMAPPROXY] Dovecot ready.)
    Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
ENABLE XIMAPPROXY
Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
     gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must
have appropriate system locales compiled.
     mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
     recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
     iconv - Iconv functions are available.
     timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
Checking database functions...
     PHP Pear DB support is present.
    mysql database support present.
    preferences database connect successful.
    mysql database support present.
    addressbook database connect successful.

Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!

Login now
Active plug ins:
  Installed Plugins
    1. compatibility