Re: SVN:1.4.23: Folders Lost after Upgrade Debian Squeeze to Wheezy Solution

On Mon, August 18, 2014 15:57, Wm Mussatto wrote:
> Problem:
> OK we just did an upgrade from Debian Squeeze to Debian Wheezy. The "new"
> version is 1.4.23.  So far this has effected  only one mailbox (fingers
> crossed)
>
> We are running using Dovecot 2.1.7 and using Maildir via .procmail
>
> One of our customers had her INBOX, Trash and Sent folder's disappear from
> the folder list on the left
>
> We found the INBOX as unsubscribed and got it back by subscribing it.
> However, we could not get Trash or Sent back that way.
> The person's configuration changed to Options->folders preferences: Trash
> Folder: Do not use Trash.
>
> We created a new folder(recycling) and designated it the Trash Folder.  It
> initially showed up and deleted messages showed up there. However, when we
> clicked on the 'Purge" function the messages were purged and SO WAS THE
> FOLDER.  We found it next to the Trash folder in the Unsubscribed list but
> like Trash we could not now subscribe to it nor designate it to be the
> "Trash" folder.    We re using the mysql to store the user prefs .
>
> OUR SETUP
> Apache (in SSL mode) 2.2.22
> Dovecot 2.1.7
> IMAPProxy: 1.2.7
> Mysql: 5.5.38-0+wheezy1
> Php: mod_php 5.4.4
> Linux cyber7 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Sat Jul 12 16:47:57 UTC 2014 x86_64
> GNU/Linux aka Debian Wheezy. AMD-64
>
> All were installed via Debian's package manager.
SOLUTION:
It appeared to be a combination of Dovecot and SM records.
In Database remove customer records for name of Trans and Send Folders
Remove all dovecot... files in Maildir and .Sent and .Trash folders
remove the 'subscriptions' file from Maildir
As the customer go in and if Sent and Trash folders to not appear on the
List of Folders where they are Subscribe them using the Folders tab.  The
user will have to go back and re-subscribe any other folders they want.

According to our client she was in the middle of an email when the system
"burped" and the Sent, Trash folders disappeared.   We may have been doing
a restart of Dovecot when this happened so the issue may be on Dovecot's
side of the fence.

Bill Mussatto