Re: login problems with 1.4.23-svn

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Imre Gergely <gimre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> On Wed, 26 Feb 2014, Imre Gergely wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Nobody had/has this problem, only me?
>>>
>> I've never had this problem but my guess is that it is a cookie problem.
>>
>> Squirrelmail keeps track of it's users sessions via a cookie. Specifically
>> the SQMSESSID.  If Squirrelmail can't verify the session id by querying
>> the cookie then you will get pushed to the error.
>>
>> "You must be logged in to access this page."
>>
>> If you were using the same url to test between each different version I
>> might see there being a conflict of some kind but I'm not knoweledgable
>> enough to state that for certain.  That's just a guess on my part.
>>
>> I would make certain that you clear your cookies before accessing the new
>> site or switching between sites.
>>
>> Make certain that your virtual hosts aren't using the same name/ip address
>> as the cookie keys off the url name.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>>

> Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'm at a loss on what to do, though...
> I've installed a brand new CentOS 6.5 in a VM, apache + PHP, got the
> latest 1.4.23-svn from the site, installed it and it is behaving the
> same way. It's a different URL, it's a different machine, I've also
> tried with Chrome browser, it's doing the same thing. I log in, and
> everywhere I click I get thrown out to the error "you must be logged in
> bla bla..."
>
> [root@m1test squirrelmail]# php -v
> PHP 5.4.25 (cli) (built: Feb  7 2014 09:45:42)
> Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
> Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
>
> This is from IUS repo.
>
> I've installed squirrelmail in /var/www/html/squirrelmail, with basic
> config, and remote dovecot IMAP (so I can log in), that part is working,
> I'm seeing my INBOX, just cannot click on anything.
> In php.ini I didn't tweak anything (only set the timezone).
>
> I did see some strange things in the cookies, see attached screenshots
> with every cookie. Why are there so many cookies, and why are they with
> expiration date 1970 (the ones with /src/ in the path) ? I've looked at
> the cookies for 1.4.22, and I have ONE with SQSESSID, and it doesn't
> mention /src/ anywhere.

Not sure why your attachments aren't coming through; you might just
link to an externally hosted file(s).

When you said the path you found to the SQSESSID cookie was "/", does
that match the URI of SquirrelMail on your server? (in regard to your
previous test installation)

The cookies dated in 1970 are from code that is intended to *remove*
any such cookies in case they exist in the browser.  Given that
expiration date, the browser should remove them; not sure why they are
being shown to you.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team