Re: Squirrel Mail license

> I am interested in Squirrel Mail service, however because it is such a
> unique concept, I just want to confirm that "there are no strings
> attached" and that this is a real license.  I am sorry for the sceptical
> question.

SquirrelMail is free software released under GPL v2. It doesn't cost you
anything to use it regardless of how many users, servers, CPUs, clicks or
amount of data you have. The only catch is that you can't modify
SquirrelMail and give it to someone else without including the source
code.

Note that SquirrelMail is not a mail service - it's a software package
that you can install on a webserver so you can have web access to an IMAP
mail server.

The full license text for GPL can be found here:
http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/branches/SM-1_4-STABLE/squirrelmail/doc/COPYING?revision=13456

Also see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License

--