CentOS5-CentOS6 Migration problem: HTML-Formatted email in Squirrelmail disappears (details below ...)

Greetings,

In Squirrelmail, you can install a plugin called html_mail that allows you
to compose html-formatted email.

This plugin functions with Firefox and Internet Explorer; it doesn't
function in Google Chrome.

In CentOS 5 with PHP5.1 using html_mail, I would toggle the HTML source
button. Then, I could copy and paste  html-formatted text with complicated
html (tables, css, etc) from a text editor into the the html-formatting
pane of squirrelmail, and the message would be delivered as html-formatted
to the recipients.

In CentOS 6, with PHP5.3, using Squirrelmail with the html_mail plugin,
using this same procedure (toggle html source to bring up "text mode" in
the composition pane) and copying html-formatted text from a text editor
into the html-window in Squirrelmail, the delivered email only shows the
header information.

Using pine, I see that there is an attachment, viewing the attachment, I
see the original html code that was composed in a text editor.

Viewing this same received email in a web-based client (Gmail or
Squirrelmail), all of html-formatted part disappears.

Looking at a part of a CentOS 5 mail header where this process was
successful, I see:
    1.1   OK     1,169 lines  Text (charset: ISO-8859-1)
    1.2 Shown    2,137 lines  Text (charset: ISO-8859-1)
    2   Shown        5 lines  Text

Looking at a part of a CentOS 6 mail header where this process is failing,
I see:
    1.2 Shown        1 lines  Text (charset: ISO-8859-1)
    2   Shown        5 lines  Text

It's the "1.2" part

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve this?

Much thanks.

Max Pyziur
pyz@xxxxxxxxx