Fields with quoted printable contents appear blank

This is a problem which keeps me from upgrading PHP.
Using 1.4.22 with PHP 5.3: no problem.

If I try to use SVN snapshot with PHP 5.4, I'm hitting the symptom in the
subject.

I've opened a bug report:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3609402&group_id=311&atid=100311

The only relevant message I could find on the net is
this:http://www.spinics.net/lists/squirrelmail/msg10081.html
But in my case it's not about double LFs. Nevertheless: I saw no answers
in the archive.

Any ideas are welcome.

I'm also interested in digging the code myself. Just point me to the place
where the message body and the headers get sent for printed quotable
decoding and where the decoding happens.

Thx: Dw.
--
dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057